[Evolution] What is flag -d used with?

I attempted to installed Helix-GNOME from the CD-ROM set but encounter a
problem.

I'm using Red Hat 6.2.  My system currently uses Gnome and IceWM (for
sys admin.).  win95 and Linux coexists within a 6.2GiG hard drive.  The
distribution of hd space is as follows:
    windows    hda1    2047 MB
    /                hda5    101 MB
    /usr            hda6    2180 MB
    /home        hda7    1458 MB
    /var           hda8     203 MB
    /tmp          hda9    101 MB
    swap         hda10   101 MB

The Quick installation instructions provided with the CDROM that I
followed are:
 -  su
 -  mkdir /helix-cdrom
 -  mount /dev/cdrom -t iso9660 /helix-cdrom
 -  cd /helix-cdrom
 -  ./go-gnome

The process works up to a point.  The process attempts to download the
installation file into tmp.  tmp in my file system has only 101 MB but
the Helix-GNOME installation file is 109 MB.  The error message states
to use the flag -d to redirect the use of tmp to another.  In my file
setup I've chosen  /usr (2 Gig's) as the other.

My question is with what do I use the flag -d in order to redirect the
process to /usr?

jjc