[Evolution] Evolution 0.5.1 "Salamander" is out
- From: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore helixcode com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gnome-list gnome org, evolution helixcode com, evolution-hackers helixcode com
- Subject: [Evolution] Evolution 0.5.1 "Salamander" is out
- Date: 16 Sep 2000 15:33:01 +0500
Hello lovers of quick bug-fix releases,
Evolution 0.5.1, code name "Salamended", is out.
Evolution is the GNOME mailer, calendar, and addressbook application.
You can get the Evolution 0.5.1 tarball here:
Evolution also requires GtkHTML (0.6.1), Bonobo (0.18), OAF
(0.5.1), GNOME VFS (0.3), libunicode (0.4), GNOME Print (0.20)
and ORBit (0.5.3).
Helix GNOME users can also install the packages by the usual
means, by using Helix Update (or apt-get on Debian).
* Changes since version 0.5
- Fixed a font-handling problem that would cause
Evolution to crash at startup with certain Gtk
- Fixed some build problems. (Chris)
- We no longer ship an out-of-date Red Hat-only RPM
spec file. (Dan)
- The shell now installs the `Sent' folder at startup
if it doesn't exist yet. (Ettore)
- If a component crashes unexpectedly, the shell
displays a dialog box informing the user of that.
- Fixed a bug in the folder selector dialog that would
result in crashes while trying to move messages in the
- Fixed a bug that would cause the addressbook to crash
when embedded in the composer. (Dan)
- Fixed a display problem caused by expunging an IMAP
- Fixed POP mail so that "keep on server" is obeyed
correctly. (Dan, Jeff)
- Fixed replies so that replying to a message twice
doesn't turn off the "replied" flag. (Dan)
- Fixed a bug that prevented "Send later" from
* Mailing lists
You can subscribe to the Evolution developers list or the
Evolution users list by going to the Evolution home page
Please note that this is still software in development and should
not be used for production work. We appreciate testers and
contributors, but please remember that Evolution will still be
buggy, incomplete, and temperamental.
Thanks to the many people who have sent in suggestions and fixes.
The Evolution team.
] [Thread Prev