RE: [Evolution] Why is ~/evolution not ~/.evolution?

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Weber [mailto:aaron helixcode com]

The evolution directory doesn't just contain configuration files! It's
got all your mail and data in it.  We wanted to make sure that nobody
would say, "hm, i want to get rid of my preferences. 'rm -rf
.evolution'" and delete all their mail.

At least, that was the reasoning someone gave me when I asked. :>

I hate to make comments like this with alpha software, but I question this
choice a bit.  Why aren't configuration file separate from data files?
        Greg