Re: [Evolution] Well done !! - Suggestions and questions ..

[comments below...]

On 30 Oct 2000, Uwe Dippel wrote:

Firstly, congratulations to Evo 0.6! Here it installed (upgraded)
without problem (RH6.2).
It starts to work like a charm! - Some time ago I complained about IMAP
connectivity to our Exchange server; now this is completely solved. I
don't need the 'tank' of StarOffice any longer to handle my mails.
Evolution is much more elegant and fast ...! and almost stable... .

Thanks!

On the other hand, it seems that now the wish list should be re-opened.
Somehow it is now weaker on useability. Or is it a problem on my machine
only, that there are almost no right-clicks available; no copy and
paste? I made a mistake and lost several mails 'undeliverable' back in
my inbox and couldn't figure out any fast, logical and intuitive way to
resend them. No copy of the text possible, only double-click and forward

Right-click menus will be coming back, it seems some were turned off for
some reason or another - but I can assure you they will be back and
(hopefully) better than ever ;-)

.... is it intended not to display the e-mail addresses as hyperlinks, so
that clicking just opens another 'Compose'?
.... and this *is* a requirement here: filtering (of the subject) *must*
be more variable; not only 'contain-does not contain', but definitely
'starts with' - 'ends with' as alternatives. I know, that Exchange is
weak on this. Therefore I still need Netscape to achieve some of this
job for me.

I just coded "is", "starts with", "ends with", "exists" and a few others,
so I think that this problem should be solved for ya ;-)

It is *very* different to tell a student or a client to start the
subject with an indicator (and automatically move the message) or moving
*any* message that eventually contains the same string.

Jeff