[Evolution] ISO 8859-2 problems

Hi,

I have problems with displaying ISO 8859-2 characters both in mail
message bodies (not in subjects shown in the message list, though) and
calendar entries. I see only underscores in place of accented
characters. The same holds for composing messages. The mail messages
affected seem to have a correct Content-Type header

In Calendar, I first tried to synchronize with my Palm Pilot, where I
have accented letters coded in ISO 8859-2 which is also how they are
saved in
~/evolution/local/Calendar/calendar.ics.
The Calendar displays them again as underscores. So I tried to create an
entry in Evolution and it displays correctly. Looking into calendar.ics
again I realized it is saved in Unicode. The best solution would thus
probably be to have an option in the calendar conduit configuration
where the user could specify coding used on the Palm and the conduit
should translate it accordingly into Unicode.

BTW, does synchronization work for Contacts in 0.6?

But otherwise, I'd thank the developers for their efforts. Maybe I could
translate the messages into Czech, unless someone is already working on
it.

Cheers,

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka                              Branisovska 31
Academic Computer Centre              370 05 Ceske Budejovice