Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Exchange Server

You still might have to check to see whether your Exchange server is setup to allow for relaying on outgoing email. If relaying is prohibited then you cannot send email to people not on the Exchange server as authenticated users. This has inhibited me from using Evolution through my employment. :-( If anyone has resources I can give my email administrator to allow secure IMAP and POP relaying, that would be great!

From: Byrne Reese <byrne blue-harvest com>
To: evolution helixcode com
Subject: [Evolution] Evolution and Exchange Server
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:52:24 -0800

This was news to me, probably not for most of you...

I was dismayed when our IS guy said the MSExchange server was not setup
as an IMAP or POP server... which made Evolution virtually useless for
me... I wanted to use it as a substitute... than a friend told me that
you can comminucate with Exchange regardless of it configuration by
connecting to the exchange server as an IMAP server... set your username
and password as usual and then enter "Mailbox/" as your Path... ie:

Mail Source Type: IMAPv4
Server. mail.foo.com
Username: byrne
Authentication: Password

Done and done. I am now using Evolution and see no need to return to
Win2k ;) - except for my calendar... details details...

Anyway, my one question is:
For those of you who are already aware of this little "trick" - is there
a way I can import my folders and calendar through the same settings?

Thanks and good luck ;)

Byrne