[Evolution] International Characters

cause I got no response the last time, I'll try again . . .

Are there any plans to support 16 bit characters for reading and writing? If we want world domination, I
think it's necessary ;-).

By the way, 16 bit support is one of the weak things in Unix. Since 8 years, not to much has
changed; there are only rudimentary tools for reading and especially for writing. That's the
reason why I to have to reboot my linux box very often with windoze :-( for my wife, who is chinese.

Hoping someone is interested in this topic.

Heinz-Josef Claes