Re: [Evolution] ACT 2000!

Hi Tom,

I use Act 4 pretty much every day. I have yet to find anything in Linux
that'll do the things I use Act for, of course, to maintain an address
book with the ability to store dated notes, and allows me to add
user-defined fields.

If I were able to find one or was able to help in creating one. I'd be
a very happy camper indeed!!

Thanks!
  Ken

On 16 May, Tom Musgrove wrote:
I'm curious if there is any interest in creating an ACT 2000! equivalent GUI
to Evolution.  Essentially, ACT 2000! is a contact manager which attaches
all correspondence, email, etc. dealing with the contact to the contact
history (Which could be done in Evolution as a different view of whatever
the Evolution History Equivalent will be), as well as having a todo list and
calendar.  Their is also a couple of useful Business Templates (Ie memo,
fax, letter, and email templates), with available integration with a
voicemail management system (Symantec Talkback) which can log all
incoming/outgoing calls, and integrated Faxing (Symantec FaxPro) to log all
in/out faxes.  It's primarily aimed at sales management, but would be
extremely useful for customer service reps as well.  For SOHO's and other
small businesses it would be an extremely strong draw (The above
functionality is about three hundered for ACT 2000!, 150$ for Talkback, and
I can't recall for FaxPro...).  It's the main program that keeps me from
migrating our seven person office to a mostly Linux based solution.

I'd be willing to do the GUI work, but I'll need to figure out how to extend
the Tab functionality for GLADE worksheets (It needs to be redesigned so
that the tabs can be put on an arbitrary side of the sheet and be shifted to
the right or left side of the worksheet- allowing tabs like those in mozilla
and ie explorer, or those in excel, etc.), or talk someone else into doing
it for me.

Thoughts, questions and opinions?

Tom M.
TomM pentawall com