[Evolution] "Why I hate Outlook"

hello all.

In my  daily going-about I have mentioned to a number of people that
Helix is doing something that will "Be Better than Outlook".  This
usually leads them to tell me what they'd like to see in an email
client, etc.  I know what jwz says about user input, and i tend to
agree.  These may or may not be at all useful. The people i heard from
tend to check email at least once a day, but don't live in their mail
clients and don't get more than ten or twenty messages a day.

But, I did say i'd pass the comments on to the developers, so...

User Comments I have heard On Outlook and Outlook Express:

If you don't type in the exact nickname, it "gueses"
based on your address book.  Although the option comes up on the screen
it's
easy to not notice and thus you can send something to the wrong address.

Too many choices, too many things to think about.
multiple window frames and methods of accessing data are confusing.

changing user/account settings difficult, multiple identities/accounts
difficult

Too many graphics/too flashy

The phrase "contacts" for the people you know/ addresses sounds too
impersonal

Don't understand "send and receive,"

One user kept losing mail with Outlook Express.  Once recieved, they
would be unable to figure out where it had gone-- inbox? somewhere else?
who knows?  Not a real computer-savvy person, but should it be that easy
to misplace something?

So, that's some other people's 2 cents.  Take it as you will.

aaron.