Re: [Evolution] "Why I hate Outlook"

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 07:28:59PM -0400, Aaron Weber wrote:
User Comments I have heard On Outlook and Outlook Express:

If you don't type in the exact nickname, it "gueses"
based on your address book.  Although the option comes up on the screen
it's
easy to not notice and thus you can send something to the wrong address.

While I wouldn't be a big fan of "guessing" the correct email address...

One thing that has crossed my mind is an email address "spell checker."
When I type in email addresses, it would compare the userids and hostnames
to ones in my addressbook, folders, etc.

The idea would be for it to notice when I type "conell.edu" rather than
"cornell.edu" in an long list of cc address, for instance.  It would
pop up a little window saying, "Are you sure you want to send this to
conell.edu, or did you mean... <list of alternatives>?"

Has anyone noticed a mailer that does something like this?

Maybe it's a useful feature, maybe it's just bloating the mailer. :)

John