Re: [HC Evolution] Introduction

I've been looking into making linux software that can
talk to Exchange. I joined this list and several others
for possible information on how this software might be
merged with a linux-based PIM. <kudos>Evolution is by
a fair stretch the best design I've looked into so
far.</kudos> Personally, I don't care how it happens,
I just want outlook (and therefore windows) off my
desktop...

Is anyone else out there more familiar with how other
groupware products share scheduling information?

Outlook supposedly imports iCalendar files, but I have
yet to try it. Outlook can also export vCalendar files
(what's the difference between iCal and vCal?) So, while
it *might* be straightforward to get outlook to talk to
evolution's calendar server, getting evolution to talk
to Exchange is another story.

While Exchange 5.5 supports a slew of open protocols,
it doesn't "share scheduling information" to anything
other than Exchange clients (e.g., Outlook,) AFAIK. I've
been working towards understanding the outlook-exchange
protocol in order to emulate it from scratch.

hth,
.mario
--
Mario D. Santana, Web Systems Architect, Web Team, Autodesk, Inc.
President and CEO, El Orangutan, Ltd - Betting on a better monkey