Re: [Evolution] Movemail, why?

 I am not an expert at this. The only I worried about
file locking, I discovered under python that there was
a posix way of doing this. Now all unix's and even
windows nt are posix compliant.

 Python always provide a layer to make things
portable. Anyway, as far as I know the module is
called fcntl and is an interface to UNIX fcntl and
ioctl routines.
 The locking is done via FCNTL.F_SETLK/FCNTL.F_SETLKW.

 That is the most I could get. You'd have to look at
code to see how they make this portable.

--- Giao Nguyen <grail cafebabe org> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 03:00:41PM -0700, Hassan