Re: [Evolution] Movemail, why?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 03:00:41PM -0700, Hassan Aurag wrote:

--- Giao Nguyen <grail cafebabe org> wrote:

Because portable file locking is hard to do.

 Ok, so how does python do it in a portable fashion?

Erm. I didn't say it was impossible. I said it was "hard to do". Which
file locking mechanism do you suggest we use for mail? I'm largely
unfamiliar with Python so I have no idea how they do it in a portable
fashion.

Giao