Re: [Evolution] Movemail, why?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 08:42:46PM -0700, Hassan Aurag wrote:

 Python always provide a layer to make things
portable. Anyway, as far as I know the module is
called fcntl and is an interface to UNIX fcntl and
ioctl routines.
 The locking is done via FCNTL.F_SETLK/FCNTL.F_SETLKW.

Thought so. Take a peek at the URL Jamie posted that dealt with how
Netscape dealt with movemail. Note the comments about fcntl locking and
what happens when you apply it to NFS. This is part of what I was talking
about when I said it's hard to do.

Giao