Re: [Evolution] Movemail, why?

Hassan Aurag wrote:

 I am not an expert at this. The only I worried about
file locking, I discovered under python that there was
a posix way of doing this. Now all unix's and even
windows nt are posix compliant.

I remeber reading about posix compliant and what that means once.  You
wont like the answer but it means next to nothing.

To be posix compliant all the functions must exist, but do not actually
have to function.  So a posix OS might include posix function
wipe_my_drive() that simply returns a fail, and does not even try to
wipe the drive.

By having the function return a fail code apps that call it wont just
fall over, and thats basicaly what posix is about.

Corect me if I am way off here, but that my understanding from a single
article.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss