Re: [Evolution] calendar appointments with attached notes

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

Tony Rein <trein one net> writes:

The calendar program on my Palm Pilot allows notes of an arbitrary
length to be attached to an appointment. Is there any way to do that
in the Evolution calendar, or is this feature planned for the
future?

This is planned, and will be in place with the new iCalendar support.
Basically you just stick your text in the DESCRIPTION field of an
iCalendar component.

If we eventually use a GtkHTML component to edit the long description,
how is this going to work with the Palms? They can only handle plain
text, right?

I suppose we can convert to plain text to send to the Palm, but if
the description is edited on the Palm any formatting may be lost.
Just warn the user?

Damon