[Evolution] Saving Attachments

Using 0.8 RPM on Redhat 7.0 with GNOME 1.2 (all updated yesterday)...

If I get an attachment that isn't in a known MIME type then it appears
as a blank box rather than an icon. That's fine, but then I don't get
the option to right-click and get "Save As...". I eventually worked it
out (which is unusual for me) and added the MIME type to the Gnome
Control Panel. Then all okay.

However, should there be some sort of default icon? A blank box is fine
as long as it provides a right-click menu? It's not unreasonable to get
an attachment that isn't a known MIME type is it?

Am I missing another way to save an attachment?

Incidentally, this attachment was a fax from j2.com (aka. JFax) which
comes as application/tiff (and Gnome only recognises image/tiff by
default). This might be bad practice on j2's behalf (I don't know) but
it would be nice to cope with it anyway.

[Evolution 0.8 is cool btw. I use it all the time. Keep up the good
work. I think it's been said before, but I was impressed by how quickly
you solved the packaging problem at the weekend. I don't expect people
not to make errors - what's really important is what you do about it
(and how quickly).]
--
Bill Horsman
Logical Cobwebs

"Please take me to the mountains and rivers"