Re: [Evolution] Just a note of appreciation.

On 17 Dec 2000 16:17:25 -0800, George Farris wrote:
Just a note of appreciation for Helixcode and all developers of
Evolution.  Well done.  I don't envy you putting up with the flood of
"this doesn't work" or "this is missing" but of course that is the name
of the game.

I would like to second that. The program is coming along very well and
whilst it is necessary for there to be feedback on what works and what
doesn't, I sometimes whince at the tone of some of the emails from
people who seem to believe they are owed a perfect program. I have read
many emails from people who state that they have used evolution as their
daily email program since very early versions (I think someone recently
mentioned 0.2 in this vein).
Some of these people know what they are doing, but those who are
insistant that bugs be fixed so that they can continue to use these very
early versions as their principal mailer need to take a step backwards
and reflect on the effort being put in by the developers.
Personally I think evolution is great, and I would love to be able to
use it all the time. I report problems that I find, but I have also set
up my email so that I can use Pine if need be. I suspect that I will
continue to have Pine there if needed well beyond the release of 1.0.

Merry Christmas to all the developers and other contributors to the
evolution project.

*  Guy Steven                       *  Meadow Mushrooms Marathon  *
*                                   *  Christchurch, New Zealand  *
*  Barrister & Solicitor            *           #####             *
*  ph 64 3 355 6189                 *   ###  3 JUNE 2001  ###     *
*  gsteven southern co nz           *           #####             *