Re: [Evolution] last ditch efforts...

On 11 Dec 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

On 11 Dec 2000 20:53:36 -0800, Matt Thoene wrote:
At any rate, I thought I'd try one last question to this list before
unsubscribing and putting my foot through the monitor.  My issue seems to be
a problem finding previous installed libs when compiling the "gnome-vfs"
lib.  I won't bore you with the output but just ask...should I start from

Matt, take a look at these instructions that I've put up.  They're
slightly old, but I don't think anything in there is "plain wrong" yet,
except maybe the gconf stuff.  I'm not even sure the README is up to
date on that.  Anyway, try this out, and let me know if you find any
errors.  Questions are best directed here or to #evolution on
irc.gnome.org. Enough jabber, right?  Here's the URL.
http://www.ibiblio.org/gleblanc/instructions_for_evolution/

I followed these very good instructions (on a stock RH 7.0 workstation
install) right up to the point where I was trying to get gnome-vfs
installed, and still no luck.

I found and fixed one problem (or at least got around it) that you
might want to change if you decide to update the page.  That is, for
compiling gnome-vfs, it seems to want the path to the gconf/gconf.h
include files specified.  So instead of

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/src/gnome_cvs/ --disable-more-warnings

I ended up sticking a

CPPFLAGS="-I /usr/local/src/gnome_cvs/include/gconf/1"

on the front of it (or, following the file structure you were using,
CPPFLAGS="-I /opt/gnome_cvs/include/gconf/1"

However, it still bombs out in the link phase, claiming it cannot find
some of the gconf_* functions in the libgnomevfs/.libs/libgnomevfs.so
shared library.

Hey, i know this is not your problem at all, but since you went to the
trouble to put up the instructions, I thought I might pester you about
it and see if you'd seen this.

--
Ryan Waldron    |||   http://www.erebor.com    |||    rew erebor com

"The web goes ever, ever on, down from the site where it began..."