[Evolution] latest cvs version - problems with all day events

first of all I like the new spash screen!

I notice that now when I open a calendar, what were once daily reminders
without times (I never worked out if they were different to all day
events) now become events which span a 24hour period over 2 days.

Is this intended?

Guy (who has had a prick of a day with a difficult step mother in law
and found the new splash screen a breath of fresh air!)