Re: [Evolution] Blocking on Send [was Feature request list]

"Queue to outbox then send later" is very useful for offline usage.
Making it policy that evolution *only* supports that model of operation
would be idiotic.  When I hit send, I want it sent Right Fucking Now,
and if there are problems, I want to correct them and move on before the
window goes away.

I agree here.  I also want my mail sent when I hit the button, not a 4
oclock the next morning.

The original fault I have with the system is actually a problem with
sendmail doing a DNS lookup, and while this is happening Evolution is
esentially in limbo, the compose window is still up, and evolution will
not respond to events, it will not even refresh it's display.  If for
some reason (ie dial up) the DNS lookup that sendmail takes a while it
looks to most people like a windows app that has crashed.

So, it matters little to me if the window is hiden or stays, as long as
evolution is still useable while it locks up.  Netscape exhibits the
same behaviour and it is a pain, though noeither evolution or nescape
are the reason for the delay.

I guess the devlopers of both are mostly on a permanent link to th net
and never even noticed the delay as after the initial lookup subsquent
mails do send with out it.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss