RE: [Evolution] Blocking on Send [was Feature request list]

jwz wrote:
Well duh -- auto-generated email does not, by definition, have
a GUI, so this doesn't even apply.

Yes, I knew that as I was writing it. I wanted to point out is that there
has to be some behavior for these cases, and as a fan of single-path
interfaces, suggest that this is a better way than having it block while the
mailer validates what it can.

"Queue to outbox then send later" is very useful for offline usage.
Making it policy that evolution *only* supports that model of operation
would be idiotic.

I was going to suggest that immediate versus queued be a behavior preference
(as I think an option is the correct thing to do), but I remembered the last
time somebody mentioned 'just make it an option/let the user decide,' and
the bloodbath that ensued.

Ray Lee
rblee impulse net  ~  ray madrabbit org