Re: [Evolution] Blocking on Send [was Feature request list]

Ray Lee wrote:

Blech. This does not generalize to dealing with errors from sending
auto-generated email (from rules like: if from line contains client-name and
importance is high, forward to cellphone).

Well duh -- auto-generated email does not, by definition, have a GUI,
so this doesn't even apply.

When you click send, the window should immediately disappear, and the
message should get queued into your outbox. At whatever interval you
have Evolution set up to send email, it should scan your outbox, and
try to send the things that are ready.

"Queue to outbox then send later" is very useful for offline usage.
Making it policy that evolution *only* supports that model of operation
would be idiotic.  When I hit send, I want it sent Right Fucking Now,
and if there are problems, I want to correct them and move on before the
window goes away.

--
Jamie Zawinski
jwz jwz org             http://www.jwz.org/