RE: [Evolution] Address book inporting

-----Original Message-----
From: Federico Mena Quintero [mailto:federico helixcode com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 2:44 PM
To: wabbit tvec net
Cc: Evolution
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Address book inporting

Randall Gibson <wabbit tvec net> writes:

    I dont like to re-post questions, but I can find nothing in
    the archive about this, other than pilot links are being
    worked on, and there was no response to previous e-mail.  I
    was wanting to know if there are any plans to have Evolution
    work with, or import GnomeCard files and GnomeCal. Or, second
    best, what the status of the Palm Pilot import tools.

Pilot synchronization support is in progress.

The calendar can currently read vCalendar files such as Gnomecal's;
just drop it in ~/evolution/local/Calendar/calendar.vcf.  We will
shortly switch to iCalendar and provide vCalendar importing as an
utility command.

Does anybody know of a document briefly outlining the differences between
iCalendar and vCalendar?  Even just documents with fairly high-level
descriptions of those would be entertaining.
        Greg