Re: [Evolution] Bounce/remail command

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 01:44:15PM -0700, Andrew Nishigaya wrote:

I often get mail that was supposed to go to another alias because the
sender sent it to the wrong address, or that it would be better handled by
someone else.

With the bounce command, I can "bounce" the mail to the correct address
and the new recipient can interact with the original sender as if I were
never in the loop.

This seems to perpetuate the mail to the incorrect address problem. The
sender wouldn't know they sent to an incorrect address. Now, if the mail
was forwarded and the reply was, "This message was forwarded to me ..."
then they'd get the idea that maybe the first address was not the one they
should have tried. I wonder if you didn't bounce the message and
forwarded instead, fewer messages not intended for you would reach your
inbox.

G.