Re: [Evolution] Bounce/remail command

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Jeffrey P. Lanza wrote:
  Thank you for joining this list.  The bounce feature in Pine is
*exactly* what we are talking about.  Would you care to explain to our
fellow list members how and why you use bounce?

I use the bounce command frequently to send mail to another account that
should not have been sent to mine in the first place.  For example, I work
at a company where we have a number of mail aliases like hr, info, sales,
support, etc.

I often get mail that was supposed to go to another alias because the
sender sent it to the wrong address, or that it would be better handled by
someone else.

With the bounce command, I can "bounce" the mail to the correct address
and the new recipient can interact with the original sender as if I were
never in the loop.

I have the latest helix-code updates, but I still use pine for email
because it has the bounce ability, among other reasons (like PGP support,
mail stored in normal text files, its very light-weight, etc...)

I've used Netscape, Balsa, Star Office, and other GUI mail clients for a
number of months, but I keep coming back to pine.  I joined this list
because I am hoping that Evolution will give me a reason to switch.

-- nori