Re: [Evolution] Bounce/remail command

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Andrew Nishigaya wrote:

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Jeffrey P. Lanza wrote:
I may be stubborn about what I prefer in a mail reader, but if you can
show me the goods I can be convinced.  Give me an example of a reader that
can take a group of messages, forward them, and explode them such that on
the other end, each message still has a "From" field that matches the
original sender.

FWIW, pine has a feature that can do this.  True you have to enable it in
the preferences and most casual users don't even know its there, but the
'bounce' command will preserve the "From" field and redirect email to
another email account.

I find it a useful feature.

I also just joined this list and jumped into the middle of this
conversation, so apologies if I am off base.

-- nori

Nori,

  Thank you for joining this list.  The bounce feature in Pine is
*exactly* what we are talking about.  Would you care to explain to our
fellow list members how and why you use bounce?

-Jeffrey

                 Jeffrey P. Lanza <jpl alumni unh edu>
Computer Science Department             ResNet Second-Level Support
Engineering and Physical Sciences       Computing and Information Services
University of New Hampshire             603-862-4242, questions unh edu