[Evolution] evolution folder layout

Hi,

Why don't we have an option to encode all characters outside of say,
A-Za-z0-9. as % style characters? That way those people who want to be
able to do say

#!/bin/bash
for file in *; do
 cat $file
done

can. Surely we'll have to encode non-ASCII characters like this
anyway? Suppose as a Britain I want a pound (£) in my folder name, then
this would be sensible.

On another note, what about the US-centric folder names? In this country
"Trash" doesn't mean very much - it's only a word you see in US films. I'm
not convinced it's easily translatable ("Rubbish" is probably closest).

Cheers,

Jeremy.

--
Jeremy Sanders  jss ast cam ac uk     Pembroke College, Cambridge. CB2 1RF
(01223) 337511  Institute of Astronomy, Madingley Road, Cambridge. CB3 0HA