Re: [Evolution] addressbook.idl

clahey helixcode com wrote:

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Chris Toshok wrote:

clahey helixcode com wrote:
Matt Loper asked me to send this idl to the list to get comments on the
BookView/BookViewListener interfaces.

Well, I for one like it.  I've been thinking about the query string format,
and it seems like it'd be easy to do something similar to what camel is doing
for searching.

like, (and (phone-no-is "415-867-5309") (cn-contains "Chris")) or something.
we could translate that format into an ldap query string pretty easily too.

This sounds good to me.  How well would this work with db3?

well I have a feeling we're going to be iterating through the entire db to do
searches, perhaps after optimizing the query (more specialized checks first, etc.)
where we can.  db3 might end up being an api we don't want to use, depends on how
large we expect addressbooks to get.  we could also build up indices...

One possible change?  Perhaps the field and the operation should be
separate identifiers?  So for example (and (is phone-no "415-867-5309")
(contains cn "Chris")).

yes, this would definitely be better.

Chris