Re: [Evolution-hackers] Refactoring EWS GAL sqlitedb

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 12:40 -0300, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

There is the useless overhead of constructing that vcard
you dont use (the API is more about notifying about contact
changes in running views), but it should be close enough I think.

EXPLAIN BEGIN
  STMT: SELECT summary.uid, summary.Rev, summary.bdata FROM 'folder_id' AS summary
STMT: EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN SELECT summary.uid, summary.Rev, summary.bdata FROM 'folder_id' AS summary
  PLAN: SCAN TABLE folder_id AS summary
EXPLAIN END
TIME: 2004 ms

$ time sqlite3 contacts.db 'select uid,bdata from folder_id' > /dev/null

real    0m0.314s
user    0m0.173s
sys     0m0.137s

So that's 2 seconds instead of a third of a second.

On my latest GAL update, that's a fifth of the time taken:

GAL update completed successfully in 10415825 µs. Added: 42, Changed: 1813, Unchanged 236260, Removed: 19

So it might be quite nice to ditch the generation of the EContacts. But
really, given that this update used to take tens of minutes, I'm not
going to worry too much :)

I'm actually more interested in the time it takes for autocompletion.

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation