Re: [Evolution-hackers] Refactoring EWS GAL sqlitedb

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 14:53 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
[...]
This works fairly nicely, although there are some optimisations I can
still do.

Firstly, I'd like a way to 'SELECT uid,bdata from folder_id'. Getting
the initial list of UIDs to build my hash table takes about 95ms.
Getting the bdata for each one individually after that takes another 7½
seconds. Tristan?

You will get that by calling e_book_sqlite_search() with the
meta_contact argument set to TRUE.

The returned EbSqlSearchData structures will contain the
uid, vcard and extra fields - the vcard however is a shallow
one containing only the UID & Revision, and the query only
pulls out "SELECT uid, rev, bdata FROM folder..."

There is the useless overhead of constructing that vcard
you dont use (the API is more about notifying about contact
changes in running views), but it should be close enough I think.

Cheers,
    -Tristan