Re: [Evolution-hackers] Refactoring EWS GAL sqlitedb

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 15:48 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 14:18 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
 Are you able to recognize affected contacts from the binary diff,
or
 from anything after the diff is applied?

Well... theoretically perhaps. With a binary diff of course a lot of
data from the original file is preserved. So any contact contained
entirely within an unchanged part of the file should be unchanged...
although it *might* have changed its offset within the fileĀ¹.

It would be fairly non-trivial to hook into the low-level LZX
decompression code and get a list of '{un,}changed ranges' though.
Especially when we're applying more than one delta at a time.

        Hi,
then I'd go by the PidTagLastModified way, and rely on it in case it's
available. That way you'll update only offsets and changed contacts
(plus drop those removed). Having the PidTagLastModified easily
accessible from the table as such, without a need to parse the vCard,
will be a requirement.
        Bye,
        Milan