Re: [Evolution-hackers] Refactoring EWS GAL sqlitedb

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 14:18 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
Are you able to recognize affected contacts from the binary diff, or
from anything after the diff is applied?

Well... theoretically perhaps. With a binary diff of course a lot of
data from the original file is preserved. So any contact contained
entirely within an unchanged part of the file should be unchanged...
although it *might* have changed its offset within the file¹.

It would be fairly non-trivial to hook into the low-level LZX
decompression code and get a list of '{un,}changed ranges' though.
Especially when we're applying more than one delta at a time.

--
dwmw2

¹ which matters if we're storing the file offset so that we can recreate
  the vcard on demand from the original.