Re: [Evolution-hackers] GSoC Ideas

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:

>                 2) Attachment Detach and Link function
It doesn't mean that it cannot live as a bug request, for someone whom
would like to play a bit with the code, it's just that it's too simple
for a GSoC project, from my point of view.

Hi Milan, thanks for your comment. As the requester of this, I will try to open a bug report.

I have other idea if it's not too simple as well. When converting a message to a task, the message itself is copied. A more intuitive (in my opinion) implementation could be the one in Outlook, ie when you flag an email for follow-up, you shall be able to add a reminder, making this appear in the task list, but not actually being a copy of the mail. So if I click that task, Evolution shall open the mail linked to it.

This may also be a simple one, but sometimes useful. (I'm moving from Outlook, this is something I miss in my daily workflow receiving +100 business mails a day).

Maybe some of these simpler idea can be combined into a GSoC "User Experience Enhancement" project :)

--
Emre