Re: [Evolution-hackers] GSoC Ideas

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Fabiano Fidêncio <fabiano fidencio org> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Emre Erenoglu <erenoglu gmail com> wrote:
1) Enhancement of search bar with _expression_ search ability, such as:
from:emre to:evolution subject:search  or shortly
f:emre t:evolution s:search

It could be done within the notmuch idea, no?

I don't know about the notmuch, but if you say so, then OK :)

2) Attachment Detach and Link function

Could you elaborate a bit more, please?

Sure, I already posted a message to the user list today on this. Basically today, to detach an attachment, I need to first save it and then remove attachment. It's two step process and cumbersome. So a "detach" function that would save the attachment and delete it would be good. Optionally, if it can post the location of the file into the remaining attachment item, or better include a link to the filesystem location, would be awesome. Exact function add-on in Outlook is here:
http://www.kopf.com.br/outlook/

--
Emre