Re: [Evolution-hackers] Required Evolution-code-help

hi All,

As suggested, I have open a mapi connection using camel services but got a crash in g_rec_mutex_lock function.
Crash debugging attached. it seems the connection has not being initialized yet. Any help??

My latest code changes are present in following branch. i have attached modified files as well.
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~samarjit-adhikari/evolution/evolution-mapi-3.6.2/changes

With regards,
Samarjit

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM, samarjit Adhikari <samarjit adhikari gmail com> wrote:
Hi Milan

>Correct way would be to provide
>"connect_sync/authenticate_
>sync/disconnect_sync" for the
>CamelMapiTransport structure, where you get everything, the password and
>such, without dealing with evolution internals.

I can not follow the sequence of camel service "connect_sync/authenticate_sync/disconnect_sync" as inside that function "mapi_authenticate_sync"
following code is present.

    store->priv->connection = e_mapi_connection_new (
        e_mail_session_get_registry (E_MAIL_SESSION (camel_service_get_session (service))),
        profile, password_str, cancellable, &mapi_error);

Thus the pointer store->priv->connection will be overwritten during send_to_sync.

Only way i found is using "e_mapi_connection_new". Do let me know your view.

With regards,
Samarjit

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2013-02-22 at 12:50 +0530, samarjit Adhikari wrote:
> I build it and tried to use it. IT was UNSUCCESSFUL. it was
> NT_STATUS_WRITE_FAULT as follows. I lost in sea.  What to do next i am
> not sure. Any idea??

        Hi,
one of the reasons to reuse already running connections is slowness with
which libmapi/samba connects to the server, it takes around 10 seconds
here, sometimes more, sometimes less.

The NT_STATUS_WRITE_FAULT is a reason of
> dcerpc: alter_resp - rpc fault: WERR_ACCESS_DENIED
which can happen when a wrong password is used, if I recall correctly,
and you passed no password, which causes the error most likely (unless
you use kerberos login).

The way you get to registry is also not 100% correct, but I understand
there are not many options for this. I just mean that I'd not agree for
such patch in upstream. Correct way would be to provide
"connect_sync/authenticate_sync/disconnect_sync" for the
CamelMapiTransport structure, where you get everything, the password and
such, without dealing with evolution internals.
        Bye,
        Milan