Re: [Evolution-hackers] Isolated unit test status report

On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 20:54 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
We could try letting EBookClient create its own EDBusAddressBookFactory
proxy, call its OpenAddressBook method, and then immediately destroy it.

That would simplify the code, eliminate the global variable, and quite
possibly fix the GDBusConnection leak (if my guess is right).

I'll prototype this for 3.9.  I think I've pulled enough D-Bus stunts
for one release already.

Okay I lied.

Prototyped code works fine, it eliminates a good amount of unnecessary
complexity and is embarrassingly obvious in hindsight.

I went ahead and committed it for 3.8.

We'll see if this has any impact on the GDBusConnection leak, but it's
an improvement regardless.

Matthew Barnes