Re: [Evolution-hackers] What about removing camel_folder_has_search_capability()

On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 08:17 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 13:31 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> > thinking about all the upcoming changes, what about removing also
> > camel_folder_has_search_capability() and its corresponding flag?
>
> +1  Do it.  The less flags the better.

	Hi,
done for 3.5.2 in all core projects (eds, evo, eex, ema, ews, egw).
There are no significant changes in the projects, just the flag removal.

> > P.S.: Maybe the same applies for the
> > camel_folder_has_summary_capability(), but I do not want to go that far,
> > at least not yet; also because it is used in camel-filter-driver.c.
>
> If there turns out to be a real use case for this, would be nicer to
> replace the flag with an interface, similar to the CamelSubscribable
> interface replacing the CAMEL_STORE_SUBSCRIPTIONS flag.
>
> Not sure what to call the interface off-hand, but it could just consist
> of the get_summary() and free_summary() methods in CamelFolderClass.
>
> I suspect we won't find a real use case though, and can probably just
> drop the flag.

Hmm, I do not see a usability for the interface, at least currently. I
kept the has_summary_capability as is for now, and I'll possibly revisit
the idea later.
	Bye,
	Milan