Re: [Evolution-hackers] What about removing camel_folder_has_search_capability()

On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 13:31 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> thinking about all the upcoming changes, what about removing also
> camel_folder_has_search_capability() and its corresponding flag?

+1  Do it.  The less flags the better.

> P.S.: Maybe the same applies for the
> camel_folder_has_summary_capability(), but I do not want to go that far,
> at least not yet; also because it is used in camel-filter-driver.c.

If there turns out to be a real use case for this, would be nicer to
replace the flag with an interface, similar to the CamelSubscribable
interface replacing the CAMEL_STORE_SUBSCRIPTIONS flag.

Not sure what to call the interface off-hand, but it could just consist
of the get_summary() and free_summary() methods in CamelFolderClass.

I suspect we won't find a real use case though, and can probably just
drop the flag.

Matt