Re: [Evolution-hackers] Return back folder remember for Open/Save dialog

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 09:19 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 14:47 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> > Well, they do not do it right, and this kind of "outsourcing" proved to
> > be problematic in the past, thus why to rely on something nonworking
> > with "not our fault, ask them to fix it" explanation? I always thought
> > we do software for people, not people for software.
>
> Consistency with other GTK+ applications is more important.
>
> If GtkFileChooser has chosen a bad policy, try and open a discussion
> with Federico about it.  Don't just circumvent the policy.  I would
> consider that a regression.

I'm sorry, I do not follow. The opened bug in gtk+ has basically no
attention from developers of gtk, only more and more users are claiming
in basically no usefulness. Consistency of "being broken for users" is
not the best thing, is it? Do not take me wrong, I'm not entirely
against this, but until it'll do what we (and users) expect from it,
there is no single point to adapt it.

I'm really scared of time when FireFox will even try to be consistent in
this way. I save files from FireFox rather often, same as I upload
files, and have preselected the last used folder is crucial for me.
Evolution, in this certain case, is the same thing as FireFox for me.

Maybe I should start this thread on evolution-list, to see response from
users, than from developers.
	Milan