Re: [Evolution-hackers] Subclassable and extendable IMAPX

Hi,

Am Mittwoch 20 Juni 2012, um 15:32:18 schrieb Matthew Barnes:
> On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 11:03 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > The result of my work lives in the 'imapx-extensible' branch of
> > E-D-S. It is still work in progress (the IMAP capabilities flags
> > need to be made extensible, too), but it is already working and
> > imapx_untagged() lost most of its amazements.
> >
> > All (IMAPX) devs interested in what has been done so far are
> > welcome to check out 'imapx-extensible' and have a look around
> > in CamelIMAPXServer and friends.
>
> Thanks for your efforts on this!  I still haven't reviewed it closely,
> though we've discussed it a bit on IRC.  I hope to find time to do so
> soon.

Thanks to Matt's courage, the changes from 'imapx-extensible' have
already made it into E-D-S 'master'. So far, all seems to behave well.
The API for registering new handlers for untagged responses, for
registering new capability flags and for sending custom IMAP commands
from derivative classes has been implemented but not yet tested. The
evolution-kolab plugin will be the first to use this, but it needs
to be ported for the E-D-S 'account-mgmt' changes first, which Matt
is working on. As soon as this is done, I'll be getting the new
IMAPX API live. Any bugfixes needed there should not affect other users
of IMAPX.

Kind regards,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48