Re: [Evolution-hackers] Return back folder remember for Open/Save dialog

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 07:41 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 09:12 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> > Is there any objection? If not, then I'll revert the mentioned commit in
> > sources next week or so.
>
> Please don't.  GTK+ claims to handle this now, we should defer to them
> so our Open/Save dialogs behave consistently with other GTK+ apps.  If
> the policy they've chosen is unpopular, that's their problem to deal
> with.  Please do not override it.

Well, they do not do it right, and this kind of "outsourcing" proved to
be problematic in the past, thus why to rely on something nonworking
with "not our fault, ask them to fix it" explanation? I always thought
we do software for people, not people for software.
	Milan