Re: [Evolution-hackers] Compile Evolution Mail as .so file with API for other GUI on ARM device

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Michal G. <guziemic spam gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nice to meet the author of Anjal :)
>
> I went through code and Wiki yesterday and I am starting to understand just
> a little piece of very high architecture.
> I will try to compile EDS with my SDK for my ARM device. But first I need to
> familiarize with build process.
>
> As I understand within EDS there is mail engine - this Camel library which I
> could use and link dynamically with my GUI.
> Do you know if there is simple example that shows how to send email message?

Camel is just the mail access/storage library. I meant
libemail-engine.so in evolution/ project, which runs mails accounts,
checks for mails etc.

> Probably better way will be to use your e-mail-factory. Then I will be able
> to split GUI and Mail engine on two different processes.
> Will your e-mail factory be an official part of Evolution soon?

e-mail-factory should be in eds in 3.6 cycle, but that depends on how
much effort I get to merge evolution to use the mail daemon.

> I do not understand why you advice me to checkout branch of evolution. I
> thought that all data engines (mail and calendar) are covered by EDS.

e-mail-factory needs libemail-engine, which is in evolution. Evolution
needs EDS.

> And when I compile it I will be able to connect it with my GUI. It could be
> done over DBUS if I have two processes or just dynamic linking to GUI.
> Do I think correctly?

You GUI should speak over dbus to the daemon (which is a process by
itself) to fetch/access mails.

> Could you say, point me a document that describe how EDS store mails and
> calendar data. Is it some own database in file or some other mechanism?

I don't remember any doc for this, what ever you find could be
obsolete in some form I fear.

-Srini