[Evolution-hackers] Compile Evolution Mail as .so file with API for other GUI on ARM device

Hi,

I've been investigating a possibility of Evolution Mail cross-compilation for Linux X-less device (ARM) and use it as dynamic library that will provide me possibility to expose API that could be utilize by HMI layer.

1)    Is it possible to compile Evolution Mail without any user interface (pure –headless)? Or how much work would that require?
2)    Does Evolution architecture allows doing such split – mail supporting functionality and GUI?
3)    Is it possible to eliminate all unnecessary libs and resources? They’re using valuable device resources and may cause compilation problems.
4)    If I’m about hacking the build process to my needs (removing dependencies) where should I start?

Best regards,
Michal Guzieniuk