Re: [Evolution-hackers] Compile Evolution Mail as .so file with API for other GUI on ARM device

Hi Michal,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Michal G. <guziemic spam gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been investigating a possibility of Evolution Mail cross-compilation
> for Linux X-less device (ARM) and use it as dynamic library that will
> provide me possibility to expose API that could be utilize by HMI layer.
>
> 1)    Is it possible to compile Evolution Mail without any user interface
> (pure –headless)? Or how much work would that require?
> 2)    Does Evolution architecture allows doing such split – mail supporting
> functionality and GUI?
> 3)    Is it possible to eliminate all unnecessary libs and resources?
> They’re using valuable device resources and may cause compilation problems.
> 4)    If I’m about hacking the build process to my needs (removing
> dependencies) where should I start?

IIUC you want to use the engine of evolution, but not the UI. If so,
I've been working on a mail daemon which has all the mail logic built
in and exposes mail (basic) interface over dbus. If you aren't
interested in that, you can look at libemail-engine.so which is a new
library that I added a week ago in master which provides most of what
you are looking at except the UI.

-Srini