Re: [Evolution-hackers] Compile Evolution Mail as .so file with API for other GUI on ARM device

Hi,

If you are looking to get eds/evo rid of gtk, you are proned to be
lost. Instead, use the dbus api and write a email client in qt. You
can glance it https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-ux/meego-app-email. I
worked on a qt/qml based email client which spoke to the email daemon
over dbus. It is obsolete atm.

Thanks for help. I look at this code and it is very interesting from my point of view. It is very close
to this what I am trying to achieve. I am not going to use Qml, but I can take it as an example
and develop my own app. As I saw Qml is related with Qt QMF component.
From Qt Labs description it sounds like very useful framework.
Does it means that this application is using Evolution only to store mails and all
connection with mail servers (POP, IMAP, SMTP) is handled by QMF?

Could you tell me if meego-app-calendar is done in similar way?
http://meego.gitorious.org/meego-ux/meego-app-calendar

As I saw both projects do not have any activity in last days. Do you know if
those projects are still alive or maybe developed as closed-code?

Michal