Re: [Evolution-hackers] Compile Evolution Mail as .so file with API for other GUI on ARM device

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Michal G. <guziemic spam gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need more support as Evolution is huge project and I feel that I am lost.
> Last days, I just went through code and I compiled EDS but on X86 without
> Gtk+.
> Thus, I modified some configuration files and main makefile to be able to
> compile.
>
> Next, I tried to compile Evolution. But there is a lot of  dependencies to
> UI (gtk),
> which  I would like to remove. I would like to replace it for instance with
> GUI
> written in Qt.

If you are looking to get eds/evo rid of gtk, you are proned to be
lost. Instead, use the dbus api and write a email client in qt. You
can glance it https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-ux/meego-app-email. I
worked on a qt/qml based email client which spoke to the email daemon
over dbus. It is obsolete atm.

> I have question regarding functionality and place where should I look for
> source code.
> I think that main components on which I should focus are following folders
> - libemail-utils
> - libemail-engine
> - mail (I am not sure if I should consider this folder)
>
> and there is folder modules/mail - what kind of functionality is kept there?

Its for the UI of evolution & its logics.

-Srini