Re: [Evolution-hackers] recent change breaks filters???

On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 08:31 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
>    ews account name
>       +-- Foreign Folders
>           +-- Mailbox - someone else
>               +-- some subscribed folder
>       +-- Favourites (Public Folders)
>       +-- Mailbox - User Name

I was suggesting to have separate top-level nodes:

   ews_account_name
      +-- Inbox
      +-- Drafts
      +-- Deleted Items

   ews_account_name (Someone Else)
      +-- Some Subscribed Folder

   ews_account_name (Public Folders)
      +-- Some Subscribed Folder

Then these could be enabled/disabled and ordered independently in the
folder tree.  The user could keep them all together or move the shared
folders to the bottom of the folder tree to get them out of the way if
they're only needed occasionally.

Internally you could maybe structure the ESources as collections within
a collection:

   Collection for User Name
      +-- Calendar
      +-- Contacts
      +-- Collection for Someone Else
      +-- Collection for Public Folders

We might have to rework some internals to make this display as we want,
but this is the sort of thing I had in mind in making ESources a free-
form hierarchy.

Matt