Re: [Evolution-hackers] recent change breaks filters???

On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 15:07 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-16 at 19:04 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> > ouch, I did that, I didn't think of filters at all :( The reason for
> > movement to "Mailbox - User Name" is to be able to add folders of other
> > users to the ews. They will then show in "Foreign Folders/Mailbox -
> > other user/...", but it seems I broke with the hierarchy change too
> > much. I'm sorry for that. The change is harmless for EWS itself, as it
> > uses folder IDs, whose didn't change, but I forgot of filters.
>
> Probably would be better to set up a separate collection for another
> user's folders, rather than try to cram it all into one collection.
>
> You could still use the authentication details for the primary account,
> but just indicate a different mailbox in the collection source.

	Hi,
it's not that much about collection, it's about mail folder hierarchy,
how it is presented to a user. Before my change it was (in folder tree):
   ews account name
      +-- Inbox
      +-- Drafts
      +-- Deleted Items

After my change folders show up like
   ews account name
      +-- Mailbox - User Name
          +-- Inbox
          +-- Drafts
          +-- Deleted Items
which is just like evolution-mapi shows them.
I liked that only because of foreign folders (and possibly in the future
for public folders too), which would show like this:

   ews account name
      +-- Foreign Folders
          +-- Mailbox - someone else
              +-- some subscribed folder
      +-- Favourites (Public Folders)
      +-- Mailbox - User Name

The new first level nodes are shown only when needed. But because of the
issues I caused (thanks Reid for pointing that out), I'll revert the
move to "Mailbox - User Name" and deal with possible folder name
clashing in other way.
	Bye,
	Milan

P.S.: Maybe I just didn't get your advice right