Re: [Evolution-hackers] Backend requesting arbitrary user input from frontend

Hi Milan,

On Wed 30 March 2011 Milan Crha wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 19:04 +0100, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > Of course, this is going to be fun - how to tell which of the possibly
> > multiple EDS-frontends should receive the request? Ideally, the backends
> > should be unaware of EDS-frontends... trouble galore! :)
>
> 	Hi,
> Matt suggested in his Account management that the server will ask for
> credentials with an information for which "source" this request is made,
> so the "auth_required" signal may contain this information. I'll add a
> strv parameter to that, just for being ready even for more expansion.
>
> What kind of information will be known in this parameter depends on the
> receiver for the signal. Let's have it opened for now, but I believe
> this may cover your issue too.

As long as there is *any* sensible way to pass some data (a PIN string in our
case) to the backend if the backend so requests, that will help us much.
Thanks in advance for taking this into account.

(Bye)^2,
	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48
D-57072 Siegen